FrontDesk Master provided by HostelSystem Ltd Privacy Statement
Revised November 28, 2010
Privacy is important. We hope the following information will help you make an informed decision about how you visit this website and whether or not to share personal information with us.
Type of information collected
- During a regular visit (no “sign-in” required), HostelSystem’s servers automatically record information about your visit to our website such as which pages are visited, which links you follow, your IP address, browser type, language used, date and time of your visit, etc.
- When you register in order to download software, join as a member, subscribe to a newsletter, purchase a product or service, answer a survey, etc., you will be asked to provide information that personally identifies you (name, email, and in many cases, other information such as your billing address when purchasing, etc.). This information is also stored on HostelSystem’s servers.
- Your browser may store cookies on your computer at the request of our website. Cookies do not contain any personal information, but allow HostelSystem’s servers to identify your browser on subsequent visits.
- When you send email or other communications to HostelSystem, including support, they are automatically stored on our servers.
Use of the information
HostelSystem uses this information for the following purposes:
- To optimize and personalize the website content and navigational choices.
- To process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- To provide a better experience when you contact technical support or sales.
- To audit and analyze the information to improve HostelSystem technologies or services.
- To send you information regarding updates, offers, products, services, etc.
Sharing of Personal Information
- HostelSystem will not provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or any other personal information to any third party without first notifying you and obtaining your consent.
- If HostelSystem is acquired, or is involved in a merger or any other form of sale of some or all of its assets, you will be notified before your personal information is transferred. See the “Your choices” section below for actions you can take in this event.
- HostelSystem reserves the right to disclose personal information to third parties in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, government request or legal process, to prevent fraud or technical issues, to obtain required assistance in processing personal information, or protect against imminent harm. In such cases, the third party will be required to comply (when HostelSystem has the legal power to compel such compliance) with this privacy statement and take appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- HostelSystem uses common security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data. This includes using 128-bit SSL and keeping servers in locked server rooms after-hours.
- HostelSystem provides access to stored personal information only to employees or contractors that require it in order to operate or develop our products or services.
- You may disable cookies, although some of our services or operations may not function properly as a result.
- You may decline to register and therefore renounce receiving the products, features or services that require registration.
- You may request to no longer receive email or other types of communications, in which case HostelSystem will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that we comply with your request. To request that you no longer receive newsletter and other promotional email communications from HostelSystem, use the hyperlink or follow the instructions normally included in these emails. To stop emails being sent to you as a HostelSystem member subscriber (in order to fulfill HostelSystem’s obligation to provide you with product updates), an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org specifically stating that you no longer wish to benefit from your subscription.
- You may request to receive a copy of your personal information, or to have your personal information deleted or corrected if it is inaccurate.
- Feel free to contact HostelSystem customer service with questions, comments or problems.
Changes to this privacy statement
- This privacy statement may change from time to time. We will not reduce any rights you have under this policy without first obtaining your consent.
- New policy changes will be summarized in the section below, and kept there for at least a year.
- The version of this privacy statement will be identified at the top of this page by the revision date.